Sample web video embed from Vimeo
Vimeo’s embedded video player allows you to take your video and post it on a web page outside of the Vimeo online platform. For example, you can embed a video on your blog, and then people can watch your video there without having to visit Vimeo.
Basic members can customize the following features of the embedded player:
- Player size
- Text and play bar colors
- Show or hide your portrait, byline, and video title in the player (note: must be done within the embed code or share box)
To get your video’s embed code:
- select the video from the Video Manager
- click the Embed button to copy it to your clipboard
- paste embed code wherever you’d like to publish your video.
Vimeo paid members gain additional control over the embedded player including the options to:
- Show or hide the Vimeo logo
- Show or hide the “Share,” “Like,” and “Watch Later” buttons
- Show or hide the play bar, volume control, and fullscreen buttons
- Embed a background or chromeless video (learn more on vimeo’s support site)
- Choose what gets displayed after a video finishes playing (learn more on vimeo’s support site)
- Choose which specific sites the video can appear on
Vimeo paid members to have the power to disable embedding altogether in the privacy settings of their videos. To get complete control over your embed settings, upgrade to Vimeo paid plans.
Back to video player examples menu