Video is a great way to capture and share precious moments with your loved ones, no matter how far apart you may be. With the help of the internet, it’s now easier than ever to share your videos with friends and family all over the world.
But, sending large video files, especially to multiple people, can be tricky. That’s where video sharing websites and services come in. These platforms make it easy to upload and share your videos with others, even if they don’t have an account.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to share video with friends and family over the web using some of the most popular platforms. We’ll also provide some tips for choosing the right platform for your needs and getting the most out of your video sharing experience.
1. Choose the right platform to share your videos
There are a number of different ways to share videos online. Here are a few of the most popular options:
- YouTube: YouTube is the world’s largest video-sharing platform, and it’s a great option for sharing videos with a large audience. You can create a free YouTube account to upload and share your videos of any length. Additionally, you can choose to make your videos public or private, to share only with family and friends.
- Vimeo: Vimeo is another popular video-sharing platform that’s known for its high-quality videos and professional features. Vimeo is a good choice for filmmakers and other creative professionals who want to showcase their work. You can create a free Vimeo account, but you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan if you want to upload longer videos or access other premium features.
- Cloud Storage: Many cloud storage services that allow you to archive and share files of all types, including videos. Google Drive is a good option for sharing videos with a small group of people, such as your family and friends. You can create a free Google Drive account and get 15 GB of free storage space. Dropbox is another good option for sharing videos with people who don’t have a Google Drive account. You can create a free Dropbox account and get 2 GB of free storage space.
2. Upload your video
Once you’ve chosen a platform, you’ll need to upload your video. The specific steps involved will vary depending on the platform you’re using, but most platforms offer simple drag-and-drop uploading.
When uploading to a video sharing platform, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- File size limits: Some video sharing platforms have file size limits, so you’ll need to make sure that your video is within the limit before you upload it.
- Video quality: Some video sharing platforms compress videos when you upload them, which can reduce the quality of the video. If you’re sharing a high-quality video, you’ll want to choose a platform that doesn’t compress videos.
- Privacy settings: Some video sharing platforms allow you to share your videos publicly or privately. If you’re sharing a video with friends and family privately, you’ll want to make sure that the platform you choose offers privacy settings.
If your video is too large to upload directly to the platform, you can use a file compression tool to reduce the file size. You can also use a file transfer service like WeTransfer to upload large files.
3. Share your video with family
Once your video has been uploaded, you can share it with your friends and family. Most platforms offer a number of different sharing options, such as emailing a link to the video, sharing it on social media, or embedding the video on a website.
If you want to share your video privately:
- Select the appropriate privacy settings.
- Generate a shareable link to the video. This link is what you’ll send to your friends and family so they can watch your video.
- Send the link to your friends and family. You can distribute the video to your friends and family via email, text message, or social media.
4. Tips for sharing videos online
Here are a few tips for sharing videos online:
- Choose the right format: When uploading your video, be sure to choose the right format. The most common video formats are MP4 and MOV.
- Edit your video: Before you upload your video, you may want to edit it to remove any unwanted footage or add music or effects. There are many free and paid video editing programs available.
- Add a description: If you’re sharing your video on a public platform like YouTube, be sure to add a description to the video. This will help people understand what the video is about and why they should watch it.
Start to share your online videos with family
Sharing videos online is a great way to stay connected with your friends and family, no matter how far apart you may be. By following the tips above, you can easily share your videos with your loved ones and create lasting memories.
Are you ready to share your videos with friends and family and need help getting started? Contact us and we’ll guide you through the process, step by step. In no time, you’ll be digitizing videos and sending out links to all the wonderful family memories. Happy streaming!